Seminars & Workshops - Events
Managing Injured Workers and Navigating the Crossover Between FMLA/CFRA and the Workers’ Compensatio
COMMUNITY EVENT: October 20, 2015
Barry Pearlman, Esq. and Nicole Minkow, Esq.
Managing Injured Workers and Navigating the Crossover Between FMLA/CFRA and the Workers’ Compensation System
Managing your workforce when employees are absent for work-related injuries can be a challenge. The myriad of potential landmines can be complicated. The cross-over between a disabled employee’s workers’ compensation rights and the obligations imposed by the Fair Employment and Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and other leave of absence, discrimination and retaliation laws can confuse the most seasoned Human Resource professional. This seminar will assist you in recognizing potential issues and concerns before they become litigation nightmares. Attendees will learn the following key points:
• How to recognize crossover issues before it is too late;
• How to ensure your documentation is in compliance with applicable law;
• How to effectively engage in the interactive process and analyze vague requests, such as “light duty”;
• Best practices for preventing discrimination and retaliation claims; and
• Common pitfalls created by an injured worker and how to avoid them.